Mike Duddy spoke at the First Friday educational program in April featuring the topic of physician employment contracts. Other presenters included Donald Quigley, Esq., General Counsel to MaineHealth, Steve Gauthier, Vice President, Contracting and Business Development, Central Maine Healthcare Corp., John Branscombe, Director of Physician Practices at Eastern Maine Medical Center, and MMA attorneys Jessa Barnard, Andrew MacLean and Gordon Smith.
Among the many issues discussed during the interactive three hour session were:
• The current trends in Maine regarding contracting and employment “at will”.
• Restrictive covenants
• Payment for tail coverage
• Physician compensation models
• Indemnification provisions
• Mandatory arbitration clauses